Saturday, October 12, 2013

On Hiatus

Dave and Val's Travel Blog will be on hiatus for a few months while Val recovers from knee surgery.  Val's arthritic knee got worse on our South Pacific Cruise last spring and it has failed to respond to non-surgical treatment.  She has had knee problems for a while and the doctors said this was the "straw that broke the camels" back so she is schedule for a knee replacement at the beginning of November.  

From what we have heard and read, it will be a slow and painful recovery so we have postponed our South American cruise and Machu Picchu trip for a year and put a hold on any future plans until we see how long the recovery will take.  The only thing we have not cancelled is a short trip to Yosemite and Lake Tahoe in early January as we hope she may be mobile enough to do this.

Although this is a short term setback it should give Val much more freedom in the future to do things without knee pain.  Hopefully her recovery will be short and we will be back to our travels in a short time.

Hi, Val here...  I would like to add that although I will be the one going through the surgery, Dave will be my caretaker, and that is not an easy task.  I know I am in good hands and hopefully my recovery will go as smoothly as it can.  I know I will have a severe case of cabin fever and will be anxious to hit the road as soon as possible so dreams of future travel will be a big motivator to get better soon. 
 

1 comment: