Sunday, February 24, 2013

Las Vegas and Death Valley

Time to hit the road again, this time for a short trip to Las Vegas and Death Valley.  I told Val I would like to spend my birthday in Las Vegas and we talked to our friends Michael and Mikie (they went with us on our White Rim Road trip) about a trip to Death Valley so we decided to combine the two.  So Val and I will be spending the first four days in Las Vegas and then Michael and Mikie will join us at the Furnace Creek Inn in Death Valley.

As usual, when we head east, we get a jump on the trip by making the quick drive to Tehachapi to make the drive to Las Vegas shorter and give us more time on our first day.  We left home just after noon and were in Tehachapi just before three.  After checking in and getting situated we headed out for an early dinner at the Red House BBQ.  As I have mentioned before, this is a bonus for staying in Tehachapi as they have excellent BBQ.  To be honest, our ribs today were not up to there usual standards, but they were still good.  Val and I both got sides of Mac & Cheese and coleslaw and they were both very good.  The Mac & Cheese is really tasty.
The Red House BBQ
We ate early because the Academy Awards are on tonight and we wanted to watch the show tonight which starts at 5:30.  This year we managed to see all the nominated films and most of the best actor / actress nominee films so we are interested in the results.

I'm not sure whether I will have an Internet connection the rest of the trip so I may end up having to report on this trip when we get home, we'll see what happens.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment