Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Eastern Sierras Road Trip

You may have guessed by the lack of any blog posts that we did cancel our Panama Canal Cruise.  We hated to do it, but the Omicron variant of Covid was raging and we felt the wisest thing to do was not take any chances and cancel, we'll do it some other time.  We did take a short trip to Lake Tahoe for my birthday, but that was all the traveling we have done since our Escalante Trip.  That is about to change.

A few weeks ago Val asked me what I thought about doing a road trip to the Eastern Sierras.  I told her it sounded like a great idea to me so she turned on her computer and started looking for a rental house and found a nice one in Lone Pine, a small town near the southern end of the Sierras.  We asked my brother Doug and his wife Janis if they were interested in joining and they were, the trip was getting better and better.

I am writing this on Monday, the day before we leave, and two days ago the trip got even better (for me at least).  My trusty Toyota 4Runner is 13 years old and about a year ago I decided to replace it, but they were in very short supply and sold quickly and I just couldn't find what I wanted.  Suddenly last Friday night everything came together and I found the car I wanted and by Saturday evening I had a brand new 2022 4Runner - just in time to break it in on a road trip.

So what could be better, we get out on the road again, we get to spend a week with Doug and Janis in the beautiful Eastern Sierras, and we get to do it in a brand new car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment