Sunday, February 4, 2018

Atlantic Adventurer Cruise: Day 39, At Sea

Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Day 39, At Sea

It is a sea day today and we took full advantage of it by sleeping late and then having a mid-morning snack.  We have new guest lecturers who came on board in Athens and I haven’t heard either of them yet because of our intensive port schedule, but today I decided to go to the morning lecture.  Our next port is another Portuguese island, not in the Azores this time, but the island of Madeira.  The lecture was supposed to be on the history of Madeira, but it turned out to be mostly the history of Madeira wine.  Although I wasn’t interested in the wine, the lecture was still interesting and I enjoyed it.

After the lecture it was time for lunch and Val and I headed off to the Lido.  After lunch it was trivia time for Val and blog time for me as I had yesterday’s visit to Morocco to write about.  When Val returned we went to the Neptune Lounge and looked at more of our pictures.  If I haven’t mentioned it before the reason we go there is because there is a large table and we can sit side by side, which makes it easier to view our pictures.

After looking at pictures we spent the rest of the afternoon reading and relaxing until it was time to get ready for dinner.  We did our usual routine and were back in the room by 9:30.

Tomorrow is the last port of the cruise before starting our crossing of the Atlantic for our return to Fort Lauderdale.  We are looking forward to Madeira as it is supposed to be a beautiful island.

No comments:

Post a Comment